Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Just Gotta Keep Running

I'm tired today. Real tired. I'm frustrated with the state of chaos that our house is in. My tolerance of my kids whining is zero to none. I feel overwhelmed with commitments, expectations, and obligations. I have a headache. I'm watching a friend walk through a divorce. I hate budgeting. I just want a vacation.

I got a message from a friend last night asking for a Bible verse or words of encouragement to share with one of her friends whose child was recently diagnosed with diabetes. The thought of what they have ahead of them made me tired. It made me genuinely sad for them because they have a long road ahead. So I shared these verses that are all that get me through some days:

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1-2


Some days, you just gotta run. No matter how weary or weighted down you are. 


Sometimes, the only thing that keeps me going is Jesus at the finish line. He's run the race before. He endured it and was victorious. I'm not running by myself since He is always beside me (Heb. 13:5) and I'm surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses. 


So today, I've just gotta keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment