Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here Comes the Bride

P.S. This is a deep one. Bear with me :)

This weekend, we got to celebrate the marriage of Ben's little brother Matt and his new wife Jacklyn in Fort Worth. It was beautiful. They have a funky, vintage style that was mirrored in her dress, the reception, the cake...super cool. Plus, one of the groomsmen was pretty hot...and they had the cutest ring bearer who started walking the day before the wedding...and not too shabby of a wedding singer/reception decorator either. Quite the family affair. But oh-so-lovely.

So, I'm sitting back behind the piano during the wedding which I think happened to be the best seat in the house (minus the pastor's standpoint). I got see both Matt and Jacklyn's faces during the entire ceremony. I love raw emotion.

I'm a female, so naturally, I'm a fan of weddings. The romantic love is unlike any other. The anticipation of the doors swinging open with the bride, smiling ear to ear, making the longest walk of her life down the aisle to finally be with her groom. Watching the groom's face. The awestruck look they have as he is staring at his beauty in white...the girl he gets to spend the rest of their life with. It's beautiful, romantic, breathtaking, intimate...

And I used to watch weddings, gushing over the love between a man and woman. Totally appropriate. But the closer my walk becomes with the Lord, the more I love weddings and love the symbolism behind them. Yes, the earthly love he gives us the capability to experience in a spouse is an amazing gift. One I would desperately long for if I didn't have and one I can't imagine life without.

But our weddings here on earth are images of one day we as believers in Christ will get to experience again. We are the "Bride of Christ" waiting for our Bridegroom. (Rev. 21:9-10) To be united in a perfect union. A perfect, pure relationship.

So, as I watched Matt's face as he was anticipating holding Jacklyn's hand to help her walk up the steps in the chapel where they became husband and wife, I imagined the joy on my Savior's face as I (and we as His children) are being made His Bride. What a sweet picture.

I've decided that weddings make my cup "overfloweth." Therefore...Jesus is going to have to give me a much bigger cup once I get to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment