Monday, April 16, 2012

Updates

Oh, sweet blog...it's so good to be back. I've noticed that just like with friends who I have a lot of catching up to do with, sometimes I avoid writing because they're so much to write about. I'm trusting that you won't hold it against me, as I'm guessing I'm not the only one who functions like that.

A quick update on us:

-I'm pregnant.
-Ben started a new job.
-Grant's getting tubes in his ears.
-We're moving to Sweden.

Kidding about the move. But Sweden sounds good knowing that we're approaching summer in North Central Texas.

So yes, I'm preggers with Baby Hoov #2. Due on October 30th...making me 12 weeks along tomorrow. We're excited. Haven't been too sick with this one. Only occasionally. Just more tired and moody. And I always feel like eating Chicken Express. And call me weird or granola or whatever you'd like, but the plan is to:
A. Not find out the sex of this baby until he/she has been expelled from my uterus and
B. Have a totally natural, unmedicated childbirth.

And yes, Ben started a new job. So proud of him and thankful for this opportunity!!! He is one of two practicing attorneys at The Nix Law Firm and doing personal injury, a little bit of defense work, and a few other legal odds and ends. So if you're in need of a good attorney, give him a little ringy-ding. You don't get a more hard-working, ethical, studly and handsome (but he's taken) guy than him.

And yes, Grant is getting tubes probably next month. Poor kid. He's a breeding ground for ear infections, viruses, and any other contagious bacteria you can think of. He'll probably win the perfect attendance award in grade school though while all of the other kids are out sick building up their immune system. He's already one step ahead of the the rest ;)

And no, we're not moving to my homeland, Sweden (or as I like to claim. I am approximately l/3 Swedish.) We're still living in the same wonderful old house. Next project: adding storage so we can make room for Baby Hoov #2. Grant will be moved to the bigger bedroom in the front of the house...that is currently full of LOTS OF SH.TUFF. In all of our free time, we will attempt to rip out one of the walls in the back mud room and replace it with wooden cabinets along the top and bottom of the wall with a countertop in between. And I'd like to add in bench seating and new windows....so one of you, hurry up and get into trouble and hire Ben as your attorney so we can afford to do this project. Kidding, kidding.

I promise it won't be as long between posts. For my sake. I like blogging. I hope you like reading.

1 comment:

  1. I do! =) Congrats on baby Hoov! I think it is exciting to not find out the sex of the baby until delivery. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete