Monday, October 24, 2011

What if...?

Just some thoughts to ponder on a Monday afternoon...

What would the world look like if all started living like we mean it? I'm not naive. I know that the world we live in is a rough, ruthless place a lot of times. Trust me...I know. But really, what would the world start looking like if we started going against the flow? Not for the sake if being a "rebel." But for the sake of living a life with purpose and meaning.

Like looking people in the eyes and telling them that we love them. Like asking for forgiveness when we've screwed up. Like starting that business that you've always dreamed about. Like trusting a friend enough to share a deep, dark secret. Like telling someone you're going to pray for them...and then really praying for them...and then following up with them because you really do care. Like opening your home to a kid who's in desperate need of a loving family to care for him, unselfishly. Like loving someone, anyone enough until your heart breaks for them when they are struggling.

Tim McGraw is not a cheese-ball for singing a song like "Live Like You Were Dying." That song doesn't have to be something I just tear up to when it starts playing on the radio and then forgotten about. No...I'm choosing to live life to the fullest...making sure the people I love know it, fighting for the friendships that are worth it, and trusting that the God of the Universe is going to give me enough, every day I'm here, to live like I mean it.

What will your world look like if you live like you really mean it?

No comments:

Post a Comment